KS3, KS4 and further
Supporting the KS3 and KS4 curriculums, pupils can take part in a range of sessions, using enquiry-based learning to build skills and knowledge.
WW1: War Memorials 1918-2018 (KS3)
Let us lead your class on a field trip to the war memorial in Tottenham Cemetery, located at the back of Bruce Castle Park. Pupils will record data directly from the memorial and then return to the museum to use archive material, including maps, to investigate further.
History: A study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066; a significant turning point in British history
We also offer an individual service, developing sessions tailored to the needs of each class.
Resources include archive material (maps, census records, newspapers, manuscripts, photographs); paintings; handling collections and the fabric of the building.
We can accommodate mainstream classes, EAL students, Special Educational Needs and Gifted and Talented groups.
Previous projects have included:
- Creative writing inspired by the ghost of Bruce Castle
- Gifted and talented pupils carrying out research in our archive search room
- Observational drawing of still life objects, animal bones, taxidermy specimens etc.
For Key Stage 4 and above we offer a range of services including:
- Tours of the building led by curatorial staff
- Construction and design placements
- Using the collections for technical drawing
To make your booking contact our Education Team today on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8489 4250 and press option 3.